Clare Miller, CEO of Clarion Housing Group (S2 E13)
Planning decisions of the week:
- The decision of the Supreme Court in R (oao Friends of the Earth Ltd) v Heathrow Airport Ltd [2020 ] UKSC 52 and whether the failure to take account of the Paris Agreement renders the designation of the Airports National Policy Statement unlawful. To be handed down on 16 December 2020.
- A decision of Mrs Justice Lang in R(oao Wyeth-Price) v Guildford BC & Bewley Homes  EWHC 3355 (Admin) quashing a permission due to legal errors in the officer report in the way it dealt with the impact of the proposals for housing on designated heritage assets.
- An inspector’s decision 7th December dismissing an appeal against the refusal of South Northamptonshire Council to grant permission for up to 330 homes on a site outside the urban area due to the effects upon the need to travel.
- An inspector’s decision 9th December allowing an appeal for an electric car charging service station at Lower Slaughter, against the refusal of Cotswold District Council on an existing scrapyard & haulage depot.
- An inspector’s decision 8th December dismissing an appeal against the refusal of the London Legacy Development Corporation to allow an application for a mixed use scheme of four buildings 6 to 18 storeys high on design grounds.
- An examiner’s report dated 9th December to West Horsham District Council on the West Grinstead Neighbourhood Development Plan and the proposed Local Gap & Local Green Space designations.